Waste Management Legislation
There are many pieces of legislation which apply to waste in the UK.
This section is intended only as a brief general guide to overall approaches to waste management regulation in England and Wales. While it is not a detailed summary of the law throughout the United Kingdom, it could help you identify whether your business is compliant. Click on any of these links to find out more.
- The Waste Incineration (England & Wales) Regulations 2002
- The Special Waste Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2004
- The List of Wastes (England) Regulations 2005
- The List of Wastes (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2005
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990
- The Pollution Prevention and Control (England and Wales) Regulations 2000
- The Pollution Prevention and Control (Scotland) Regulations 2012
- The Pollution Prevention and Control (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2003
- The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005
- The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2009
For more detailed information on waste regulations, please visit: Environment Agency